Sunday, January 18, 2015

AdWords Lessons Learned

My biggest takeaway from my whopping 70€ ad campaign is:
DO NOT USE THE DEFAULT BIDS IN ADWORDS!
You can still get great results by setting your bid all the way down to 35 cents per click!
If you are lazy or it's your first time and don't know much about adwords, you may feel compelled to just use the defaults set by google, that would be around ONE DOLLAR PER CLICK!
In my opinion that's f**ing insane, to pay a dollar for one damned click that most likely will not end up in a sale.
So I definitely "saved" money there, however I did not fully follow Mr.Geary's advice.
He said that the number one mistake beginners make is to not let an ad campaign run long enough.
He also expects to make a loss at first.
So I made a 70€ loss and did not sell one product.
I stopped the campaign "early" because through my research with customers I found that people really do want a finished product and not a .pdf that they would have to print out themselves.
So in other words I DID NOT SOLVE THE HASSLE MAP FOR MY CUSTOMER!
Solve the Supply Chain and You Will be a Rich Man!

Thanks to Mike Geary and Tim Ferriss for this tip:

And here are the results directly from Google


No comments:

Post a Comment